Friday, December 14, 2007

Rock It!

I'm getting a wee bit sluggish on my treadmill. For the last couple of months I've been catching up on all my DVR'd shows to keep me motivated but it's starting to lose it's appeal. I'm not the most coordinated of runners (or, sadly, walkers for that matter...if I was home with a camera I would totally take a pic of all my running/walking battle scars to prove it) and therefore a little hesitant to take to the dark, icy roads just yet. But if I'm going to be able to stand my dreadmill for very much longer, I'm going to need a serious boost. I decided I need a whole new mix for the iPod and I'm going for some oldies but goodies. While there are days that a girl's just gotta have her Akon and Flavor Flav (NOT), I feel the need to get back to my roots.


So far, I've got:
Poison: Nothin' But A Good Time and Unskinny Bop
Def Leppard: Pour Some Sugar On Me
AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long and Back in Black




However, it's now 3:48am and I'm drawing a SERIOUS blank. Please help me remember what songs I HAVE to have on my new running mix.

As a token of my appreciation, I'll even burn a copy for anyone who wants one. (But only if you contribute legitimate "runnin' rock". If you send me Milli Vanilli, you're off the list.)

17 awesome people said...:

Spammon said...

Here's some more to add:

Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Disturbed - The Game (Not sure if this is up your alley)
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Megadeth - Angry Again
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Queensryche - Best I Can

I have hundreds more, but I'm limited on space. Btw, I have about 150gb (30,000 songs), so if you want to take a gander at the collection, let me know.

Spammon said...

Also, this is a reminder you MUST have your White Elephant posted tomorrow for all those participating to choose from. Don't let us down!

Blogging Elephant

KATE said...

Okay, I was all excited! & spammon stole my thunder! damn you! ha ha

You have to have Metallica! It's a MUST! Enter Sandman & Ride the Lightning Albums are FABULOUS!!
Yes, Ozzy too! Soo Good!
You have great taste Spammon! Rock on!
Um, Slayer & Skid Row too! I LOVED Skid Row & my husband STILL makes fun of me! haha Good Luck!
I would even send you a CD if you'd burn me your running mix!

Christie said...

Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love

Always pulls me through.

Have you tried Netflix? I did that for about a year or so - watched every movie known to man then switched back to my TIVO'd shows. I am probably going to have to switch back to Netflix with the stupid writer's strike still going on. Ugh. Don't they realize they're ruining my workout?

lindsey said...

Lets see, here's (some) of what I run to: (I'll try to eliminate the unclean songs!)

AFI - Miss Murder
Audioslave - Like A Stone
Foo Fighters - I'll Stick Around
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Muse - Starlight
Panic! at the Disco - Time to Dance
Prodigy - Firestarter
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name (watch the F bombs at the end!)
Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
Shiny Toy Guns - Don't Cry Out
Taking Back Sunday - Make Damn Sure
The All American Rejects - Stab My Back

I could go on and on... but this should suffice for now! Good luck.

Paige said...

Look, I know nothing about music other than Madonna. Bye Bye Miss American pie, her version, is very singable as you run. And I was going to suggest Guns N Roses Sweet Child of Mine.

But you have to have Bon Jovi my boyfriend on there! "Your love is like Bad Medicine, or "You give love a bad name" Anything from the New Jersey album.

I really want that CD.

blog author said...

A little mix of now and then. Great to run to....

NIN - Closer
Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump
The Strokes - Last Nite
Better Than Ezra - Juicy
BuckCherry - Crazy Bitch
Rinocerose - Cubicle
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Greeting Song
Kiss - Heaven's On Fire
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
Stroke 9 - Little Black Backpack
Guns n Roses - Mr. Brownstone
Foreigner - Urgent
The Killers - Jenny was a friend of mine
Led Zepplin - Immigrant Song
Bush - Little Things


GNR - You're Crazy

Kellan said...

Hi Amy - I just came over from someone's blog (I can't remember now who) - I don't have any suggestions as I only listen to country and I stay as far away from any treadmill as I possibly can - but we do have one thing in common - well, really 4 - I also have 4 kiddos. Mine are ages 15 (twin girls), 10 (boy) and 6 (girl) - I'm Kellan - nice to meet you.

Jill said...

Sorry, I won't be much help...you read my list of things about me and I don't run and I don't like hard rock!! Good luck and have fun though :) Power to ya.

Bridget said...

Nothing beats good classic U2. The old stuff. Some new stuff too, but mostly the old. And I love Bare Naked Ladies.

Jill said...

Are you mad at me, are we fighting!!?? You didn't give me advice on my blog because I didn't give you advice here, huh. I see how you play. Bring it sistah.

j/j Let's totally go to Vegas. I'm sooooo there!!

Audry said...

At least you have a treadmill and you attempt to workout. I keep saying I will and instead I eat everything yummy I see.

Rochelleht said...

I have really been soooo bad lately and I won't tell you how long lately is. When I'm good, I like Justin T. Also, I like him when I'm bad. ;-)

lindsey said...

I was running today and thought of something to add to my list.

The new Transformer's Soundtrack is good.

bye!

Camden said...

OK, my most recent power song is (not an oldie) Evanescence Bring me to Life. You will totally sweat to this one plus clock your fastest mile--YES! Also good are Going Under and Call Me When You're Sober. I can tell you're surprised by my suggestion! Also, don't forget Def Leppard - Animal (Hysteria may be a little too slow) and always great are Aerosmith's livin' On The Edge, Dude (Looks Like a Lady) and Love in an Elevator. And don't forget Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica. I have more, call me.

Jessica said...

What fun fun suggestions. I'm not good in the hard rock suggestions, but I love Pink and Black Eyed Peas for a good loud pick me up at the end of a run.

AMY said...

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Hubby had a hay day with all of them and spent an entire afternoon (bless his heart) putting together a mix for me. You guys all ROCK!