Saturday, December 15, 2007

White Elephant

For those of you who don't visit Pick Your Poison's page yet, I gotta say, you're missing out. Spammon's got it going on. Anyway, he started a blogger's white elephant gift exchange and we're supposed to post them on our pages today.

Don't be fooled by the shape of the box...
A shirt or a book, this gift is not.
I heard as you sat on Santa's lap for your wish-
All you want for Christmas is a nice, new fish.
I can't tell you anymore of what this gift's about,
I just hope you enjoy your beautiful new trout.

23 awesome people said...:

lindsey said...

I may have to pick yours just for the wrapping paper! It's fab!

Camden said...

This looks like fun, you'll have to let me know how it goes.

OHmommy said...

Ohhh.. nice wrapping job. I have been slacking this year on wrapping.

KATE said...

Okay, now I want to know what it is!! Frozen fish sticks? ha ha

Jill said...

Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday. These are some of the recipe's my friend gave me from Cafe Rio. Eat up girl!

CAFE RIO SWEET PORK

1 pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
1/2 cup vinegar
20 oz Dr Pepper or Coke Classic
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 grillmates southwest seasoning packet (found by the taco seasoning at the store)

Cook in crock pot for at least 6 hours.

Shred and put back in crock pot until hot.


This is the best!!
Cafe Rio Dressing, Chicken and Rice

Café Rio Dressing
1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet (make as per recipe)
2 tomatillos (tomato like vegetable with a husk around them)
½ bunch of cilantro
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeño (Use the seeds too if you like it spicy. You could substitute a few drops of green tobasco for the jalapeno.)

Use a food processor to blend all the ingredients well. Refrigerate.

Café Rio Rice

3 c water
4 t chicken bouillon
4 t garlic –minced
½ bunch cilantro
1 can green chiles—or equivalent fresh
¾ t salt
1 T butter
½ onion
3 c rice (see note)

Blend cilantro, green chiles and onion together in food processor. Bring water to a boil and add all ingredients, simmer covered 30 minutes.

Nortorious said...

That trout better sing or something.
P.S., I'll email you about sending you cards or samples or something of babyblooms. Out pops the baby and bam! You stick on that baby bloom!

Christie said...

Ooohhh, I love me some white elephant parties. I hope it's a singing trout.

Hollyween said...

I love white elephant paries too.
And the wrapping job is good.

My wrapping always starts out fantastic and then by the end, it's really slacking and nothing even has a bow on it.

Spammon said...

You're fifth.
Blogging Elephants

Ashley said...

hi Amy! my email is mrsk109@hotmail.com... yay for you getting the BEST gift!!! :)

Bridget said...

Now THAT is a fun gift exchange. I could totally get into a white elephant one over blogville. Can't wait to see it opened.

Green & Clean Mom said...

Fun! Ohmommy said she's been a slacker this year on wrapping and I'm right there with her. I used reusable bags this year and tied them with a ribbion. Lazy but good for the environment.

Sommer
http://www.greenandcleanmom.blogspot.com
Win green cleaners
Looking to work from home?
www.greenmom.info

lindsey said...

Where have you been!?!?!

Spammon said...

Yeah, WHERE ARE YOU? I got your Blogging Elephant and posted about it. :)

Ashley said...

did you get it yet??!!!

Amz said...

That sounds like fun...I did get picked for the 13.1, Yikes! (I'm so not ready!) Did you?

Celia Fae said...

Hellooooo. Come back to blogland. You can't quit now.

Ellie said...

I'm dying with anticipation here...

The UnMighty said...

Are you doing a black or brown elephant gift so the minorities don't feel left out.

crystal said...

A-a-a-a-a-a-amy! Come out, come out, wherever you are.....

...I miss you! I'm hoping you're doing ok and am waiting on pins & needles to hear what you've been up to. Any more psychadelic light creations???

blog author said...

we miss you. blog soon.

D-dawg said...

Amy where are you??? Seriously we miss you in the blogging world. I hope you're ok and that you come back soon. You're funny and we all like your blog so don't leave us hanging!

Ashley said...

did you not like my present THAT much? :(