Saturday, December 1, 2007

Saturday Is A Special Day

Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
I slept all day,
Night shift does that, OK?
Now there's not much time left to pla-ay.


Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
There's piles of clothes,
At least ten more loads,
Thank goodness that hubby will fo-old.


Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
Four Miles' the goal,
Good thing I'm so slow...
I got caught up on one of my sho-ows.


Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
Too many football games on,
Hubby's mind is all gone,
(at least all my laundry is do-one.)


Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
The first snow of the year,
The kids let a cheer,
Cabin fever's officially he-ere.


Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
She's throwing a fit,
I'm about to get lit!
Why isn't it naptime ye-et?


Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.
Tomorrow we'll fast,
It should be a blast!
Tonight I'll pig out so I'll la-ast!


  • DISCLAIMER: I KNOW IT'S NOT AS CLEVER AS OH HEATING PAD OR AS SWEET AS CHLOE'S SONG, BUT I'M RUNNING ON FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP HERE PEOPLE!





15 awesome people said...:

Celia Fae said...

Wait, while I was reading that I was thinking to myself how dedicated you were to include so many verses. Excellent work and on four hours? Crazy. I love the photo of your little girl crying. Doesn't she get sooo mad?

Anyhow, thanks for the link and the laugh.

lindsey said...

ha! I'm still laughing. You are hilarious.

I'm glad you got some sleep, if you call 4 hours sleep!

KATE said...

I feel your pain on the 4 hours sleep! That's LOTS of fun!! Cute rendition & I'm glad to know that your husband plants in front of Football games for most the day too! I love it!! (total sarcasim there)
Good job on running, you ROCK!
Get some sleep!!

Lisa-Marie said...

LOVED IT! Hope I can get some sleep. That song will now be serenading me through the night (read - stuck in my head!) Oh well, guess it could be worse. Anyway, very cute. Hope to "hear" more songs.

Spammon said...

Ah, Saturday football...coming to an end :(. But how bout them Cougars?? WOOT WOOT!

Brooke said...

Very cute song! What a cute idea. I loved the pictures with it. I take it you had to get Travis to take a few of those for you!

KATE said...

Oh, & your house is so cute! & I'm totally envious of your backyard! How fun!
I'm all about the pumpkin pie & Diet Coke too! Yum yum!!
I'm on my way to the kitchen to make Applesauce Muffins! (I made a double batch for my visiting teaching girls & they got eaten!) So, I'm off to make another batch, maybe I'll quadruple it! ha ha & I'll wash them down with my Diet Coke!
Love ya - Kate

AMY said...

Yes, hubby helped with the pics. He was very generous as he took the running pick when I was just get started. No ugly running face for you guys! And sorry Spammon, no BYU cheering going on here. We're all with your wife!! :)
And Kate...applesauce are sounding sooo nummy right now. Especially half way through fast Sunday!

Spammon said...

Oh, but there is much cheering. 17-10. Remember? You'll all come around. You'll see the light sooner or later. But I guess its better than Utah State.

Christie said...

Is that your backyard? Holy crap, you live by the mountains! Guess that's what happens when you live in a state that has them. I miss them.

I love the treadmill photo. I've got one of my own that my daugther took. Be looking for it in my own neck of the woods. It's much uglier than yours.

Jessica said...

Very Celia Fae...I'm never that clever.

Cecily R said...

Oh it's clever! YOU are so clever...sometimes the best things come out of that sleepy fog (or at least that's what I keep telling myself since I live in it constantly)!

Fabulous rendition. I think the original is going to be stuck in my head for the next week. :)

D-dawg said...

So funny! And I love the pictures. And I love that your husband will do the laundry while watching football. I don't know how you do the night shift though! That sounds so tiring!

Hollyween said...

Very cute. I love the pumpkin pie and diet coke photo and how you really caught the tune of the song. ie; play-ay.
If Saturday is such a special day, why didn't I get my laundry done too?

Amz said...

This was sooo cute and clever! Thanks for the chuckle.