Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nerdy dudes, Tuesday 'Tudes and watercolors

My little Picassos have been burning through paper like crazy lately. They are both obsessed with painting, drawing and coloring. Unfortunately, this is the only time in the last week that it's been an activity isolated to paper.

My little arteests have been decorating their doors, walls and headboards with "washable" markers every time I turn around. Which is where my late Tuesday 'Tude comes in.
This week, I am grateful for Magic Erasers since "Washable" markers really aren't so washable once the ink dries.

Bless my little #1's heart, today we had a follow up appointment at the orthodontist. He was hoping for braces (little does he know...) but came away with HEAD GEAR for the next 6 months until all of his molars come in. Luckily, he only has to wear it 12-16 hours a day which means he's off the hook anytime he has to go out in public!

He agreed to let me take this picture after I promised it wouldn't end up on the blog. Mwah-hah-ha.

This last treat is yet another surprise that showed up on the camera when I downloaded the pictures. It's a dandy taken by #4 (aka Ansel Adamsita). In #4's defense, #2 told her to take it so he could show off his post-shower-slicked-back-mafia-hair-do.
It's only fair. If I torture one, I must torture them all.

8 awesome people said...:

Lisa said...

Head gear...that sucks! At least he can save himself from any embarassment in public. Here's to many years of "goofy stages"!

Brooke said...

I am right there with you on loving Magic Erasers. They are the best. I love to clean my showers with them!
Head gear huh! That is one thing I didn't have to have. At least he only has to wear it at home. It would be so sad if he had to wear it to school. I can only imagine what the other kids would say to him. Personally I think he is awsome with or without the gear!

Christie said...

Oh, tuck that picture away and save it for a few years down the line. He will do WHATEVER you tell him to keep that one private.

Huber Family said...

Ok you are the meanist mom ever. At least that is what I'm telling my kids. I hear ya on the magic eraser, what would we do with out it.

Cort and Amy said...

I think that just keeping up with Will and trying to prevent him from sticking his finger in the socket is hard work....looks like it doesn't slow down (bummer) and I have cleaning techiques to learn for the future:) Oh, and I'll totally bring you some jeans if you want. Just let me know what size and brand you're looking for.

Shelley said...

You promised him you wouldn't put that picture on the blog - and you did? BAD baby!

The Petersons said...

Wow, I had to wear head gear it is not fun. Tell #1 to hang in there it could be worse he could wear it to school!! He is still a fox with or without head gear. Tell #2 that I have blackmail on him. I won't show his posing picture to Kamree.... YET!!
Kenz

Terra said...

Oh the headgear - I am so sorry mom and son. My oldest (8) just got her expander out a month ago and is wearing a retainer...the only one in her 4th grade class with ortho stuff...It is tough on her...but she will survive. the expander stunk...we had to tighten it at night with a key. bummer.