Monday, March 2, 2009

FaMiLY nIghT @ tHE pOoL!

Being the end of February, we were all starting to get a little cabin fever. Not to mention, #1 had started giving us some serious attitude and there was not much by way of harmony in the McAllister home.
Solution: Family night at the pool, of course!
Why we don't visit the city pool more often is beyond me. It's a perfect temperature and has two separate pools...one with a very shallow beach-like entrance and it's own little slide, the other deeper, larger pool with a big slide and diving board. Not to mention, on Monday nights it's only $1 per person for two whole hours of chlorine filled euphoria!
I think #4 was a fish in her first life because there is no where on earth she is happier than in a swimming pool!

Hubby has quite an affinity with a diving board. He really should have been an Olympic diver. Here's a shot of him doing a very boring dive.
A blurry shot of #1 doing a cannon ball.
Another blurry shot of #2 doing a 360 off the board.
All smiles, all night long.
#1 and 2, with #1's miraculous return to normalcy.
Daddy with #3 and 4.

And last, but not least, a little video of the boys going off the diving board...including #3's first time. Be patient...it takes him half an hour to finally shuffle to the end of the board! (and if you listen closely, you can hear #4 whimpering beside me)

14 awesome people said...:

Travis and Robyn said...

Hi Amy! I'm not exactly sure how I came across your blog but I'm glad I did! Fun pictures! How's everything? Maybe we ought to have another fun filled night at Hoovers?!

The Petersons said...

Amy,
Looks like family night at the pool was a hit! It looks really fun! Our pool at state basketball was below freezing I swear!
Kenzie

Brooke said...

Looks like fun. We did that a few weeks ago for family night. It must be we all are very very ready for warmer weather.

Cecily R said...

You are such a fun mom! My kids are always begging to go to the pool and I hem and haw til they quit. Ew on the prospect of sporting a swimming suit! :)

Your little fishies are adorable!!

Kelli said...

I always forget about our pool! We need to use it more too. Thanks for the idea. We've got cabin fever also. Maybe next Monday...

Aimee Molloy said...

where the heck is this pool??? Are you still in utah??

Shelley said...

Amy,
I love Cole's baby steps in 6-inch increments on the board! He didn't look like he was wearing a life jacket, so I'm even more impressed that he was that brave! A fun idea for a really fun time!
Mom

The ANDERSON'S said...

Amy it was so good to see you the other night, even though it was short and sweet. We sure miss everyone! Hopefully next time we can chat longer and not at the hospital.

Lisa said...

Cabin Fever is definitely here at our house as well. Our only saving grace is Todd just recently got a hot tub so the boys bug us to go in it almost nightly. And yes bravo to #3. Neither one of my boys has accomplished that yet!

Camden said...

I always think the same thing when we go indoor swimming, except that I'm such a wuss now that I don't like to swim unless it's 90+ degrees.

hilarious that your little athlete was so timid on the board.

Jen said...

I am so going to the pool for family night! Two hours of "chlorine filled euphoria" how can you go wrong! So fun!

Brooke said...

I am showing my mom how to leave comments!

Brooke said...

Are you ever going to post again?

KATE said...

Amy! It's been forever! I've been a blogging loser! How are you?