Monday, March 2, 2009

Sluffing at Thanksgiving Point

While Hubby and the rest of his football staff headed to Vegas for their annual coaching clinic (or so I'm told!), the kids and I decided to take a mini-vacation of our own. Since Fridays are only half-days at our elementary school, we left Thursday night and headed to my parents house in order to be able to take full advantage of the day on Friday.
We did several things, including lunch with Grandma at the kids' favorite...IHOP; but the highlight was the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. The kids thoroughly enjoyed walking through the exhibits, playing in the water and digging for bones. We even got to see a 3D movie about Ocean Life. It was a great (and educational) way to sluff school!

I think this will be the look we go for with school pictures next year.

3D glasses flatter everyone, wouldn't you say?

My family of flies.

The boys right before the were swallowed up by a giant shark, of which #4 wanted NOTHING to do with.

Again you'll notice #4's absence. While she eventually warmed up to the exhibits and quit trembling, she still refused to pose with anything with teeth.

#2 running from the bronze doggie.

#3 going for a "TKO"

Digging in the sand was probably their favorite part of the day. I had a hard time prying them from this exhibit. They made dams, rivers, islands and caves, just to knock them all down again.




#4 really enjoyed the exhibits BEHIND glass safety cages.

This was one of the first pictures of the day. Can you just see #4 trembling in fear?

Still trembling, though trying to be brave.


All in all, it was a great way to play hooky. I can't wait till we can do it again!

4 awesome people said...:

Mindy said...

Hi Amy! I love that you let your kids sluff school...but did something "educational". too cute! You are a great mom!!!

Shelley said...

The shot of #4 in the "family of flies" pic is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
Mom

Nicole Pimm said...

So Fun! I can't believe you didn't see me, NEXT TIME FOR SURE! Love ya!

Blackham said...

How FUN!!! That is my kids favorite place. They want to go there every weekend. You have such cute cute kids. I miss the Richfield pool. It is so nice to have an indoor pool.