Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Capitol Reef Field Trip

Every year the fifth graders take a day trip to Capitol Reef. This year there are so many 5th graders that parents were informed that while they were welcome to come, they would have to drive themselves as there was no room on the bus. I asked #1 if he wanted me to go and he said, "Nah. It's no big deal."
The night before, as I was getting ready to work my night shift, he asked if I would PLEASE go. Luckily, the girls at work helped me out and I was able to get home by 3am and to the elementary by 6:45am.
I was a little worried about driving the hour and a half alone on so little sleep but Kelly offered to drive us both. I have to say, that was a blessing. I had the BEST time riding with her, laughing the whole way there and back. Not to mention, she is the sole reason I am back to blogging. She reminded me of all the wonderful reasons we blog, even though it does take up some time. Thanks, Kell, for a great day, great inspiration, and lots of laughs. (Oh, and thanks for the pictures I stole off your blog since I forgot my camera...AGAIN!)
Kycen, Koy and #1 deciding it's probably not very cool to do the polka. Kelly, being the good friend that she is, didn't get a picture of me doing my rendition of the polka, embarrassing the snot out of these three boys. (Well, maybe she did get a picture but she was kind enough not to post it on her blog!)

Mr. Stewart's class sitting in the first school house in Fruita. The kids were able to go to several workshops and learn various things about early life in Utah. Oddly enough, there was a ceramics class taught by none other than Mr. Andy Watson, my high school ceramics and jewelry teacher.

In an attempt to completely plagiarize Kelly's blog, I want to thank Braxton for letting me come. There won't be many more field trips that I'm invited on and I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with him and his friends. He has the greatest group of friends that crack me up - and luckily - still don't get too embarrassed by my dance moves.

2 awesome people said...:

Kelli said...

Your dance moves were the highlight of the whole day girl! I think I was laughing too hard at the boys reactions of you dancing to get a picture!! Darn it!

It was a fun trip over and back. Thanks for riding with me. I'll take that over the bus any day!

((Sorry the pictures weren't that great...there just wasn't a whole lot of photo-ops!)

Lisa said...

Who would ever be embarrassed by you?!? I'm sure Brax was still glad you were there.