Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Capitol Reef Mud Studs

Uncle Josh is a better Uncle than I am mother. He takes the boys to do all of the cool stuff. This August he took them swimming at Capitol Reef. He had been there the week before and the water was crystal clear and warm. By the time the boys got there, it had stormed and they got to swim at Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

The Mud Studs

Thank heavens for life jackets. If he'd sunk he wouldn't have been found for months.

Chocolate Bombs Away!

Judging by the look on his face, it doesn't taste like chocolate.

Right before they took the plunge. They all look a little apprehensive, don't they?

Uncle Josh is a big rock climber and he's instilling these values in the boys early.

3 awesome people said...:

Jen said...

Amy! So happy you said hello. I can't believe you have FOUR kids! You're crazy. Love the "chocolate" river. How fun! Your kids are adorable. Looks like things are going well for you and your family.
You explained my life so well, that's exactly what it is. Not sure about the normal part! :)
I'm so happy I have a new blog to read!

Kelli said...

Ok, I see now WHY it turned their swimsuits orange! It looks like they're swimming in straight mud! We'll have to get directions to that place next summer. (When it hasn't stormed hopefully) What a fun memory! I bet they had a blast!

Lisa said...

Way fun!! Im jealous Josh doesn't live closer to us so he could take my boys on trips like that!