Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FiRst dAy oF PrEschOoL!

So technically, this is #3's first day of preschool for the third year in a row. Because he is a summer birthday, we decided to hold him back a year. He's with a new teacher though and enjoying it every bit as much as the first time around. And truthfully...the difference in what he's grasping this year is already drastic. Don't tell Hubby, but I'm glad we held him!
This is #4's very first year of leaving the nest. Many of you cried on your last child's first day of school. Not me. I threw a party. A big, loud, crazy party for one. I LOVE this little girl more than anything but I really LIKE her more the older she gets.


A couple of big deals

#4 informed me as I was getting ready to leave her that she would be walking home...alone...when her day was over.
"Hunny, it's a long ways away. You don't know the way."
"Yes I do, Mommy. I watting home. Awone."
"OK, sweety. See ya after school."
"Otay, Mommy. See ya."
Needless to say, I was waiting with all the other mommies when it was over. She was so excited to tell me about her day she didn't even noticed she hadn't walked home.

And yes, #1 and 2 also had a first day of school but being the AWESOME mommy that I am, I didn't get any photographic evidence.

1 awesome people said...:

Tamber said...

I didn't cry when Emma went to her first day of preschool...aren't you proud. I feel the same way that you do. I love having time with me and the little guy while Emma is at preschool.